- Archery practice is each Monday from 3:15 until 4:55.
- Brownies (2nd & 3rd Grades) will meet each Wednesday from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Hooked on Reading is each Wednesday from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Daisies will meet on Thursday, November 19 from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Tutoring will be each Tuesday from 3:30 until 4:30. Parents must pick up their children.
- There will be no school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, November 25-27 in observance of Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- Our Fall Book Fair will begin Monday, November 30 and will end on Friday, December 4.
Our annual Kenna’s Kitchen Community Thanksgiving Dinner will be on Tuesday, November 24 at MVES
Ms. Kami’s Kindergarten Class News:
Kindergarten Honoring Veteran’s with our American Flag hats and Officer Ellis with a blue ribbon on our shirts.
Mrs. Wendy King’s 5th Grade Class News:
Planning to Read… Reading to Plan….
Students in Mrs. Wendy King’s Fifth Grade Class put their reading and math skills hard to work with a project that really PAID OFF! Each month, students look through their Scholastic Book Club flyer making their own “wish list” of items they’d love to have if they had unlimited funds… What if?? That’s the question their teacher posed, “What if you had $150 to spend… the only catch is you MUST purchase books for each grade level in our school and be prepared to defend why you think this is a good purchase?” The students began their planning and calculating, dove into their learning and fun! Mrs. Susan, our Library Media Specialist caught wind of their Book Club project and agreed to review the projects and FULLY FUND the best proposal and purchase ALL $150 of the books on the winning student’s book order! Students worked furiously defending their rationales for each purchase and working hard to carefully spend their “now real” $150…Each student in Mrs. King’s Class learned lots about their math skills and how to write to persuade others throughout this project. The student with the winning Scholastic Book Order Project was Ms. Laura Beth Saylor. Congratulations, Laura Beth and to each student in Mrs. King’s class-who knew Scholastic Book Orders could be so much fun and that we could LEARN SO MUCH!!
Pictured Below: Mrs. Wendy King’s Class
Pictured Below: Class winner, Laura Beth Saylor and Library Media Specialist, Susan Coffey.
Pictured below is Maddie Ellis working hard on her Book Club Project.
Pictured below is Dylan Coffey working hard on his Book Club Project.
Mrs. Jennifer White’s 3rd Grade Class News:
Mrs. White’s class trick-or-treated for Unicef. Right now, they have collected $60.