- Archery practice is each Monday from 3:15 until 4:55.
- Brownies (2nd & 3rd Grades) will meet each Wednesday from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Hooked on Reading is each Wednesday from 3:30 until 4:30.
- MVES Student Council meets on Thursday, November 5 at 2:00.
- MVES SBDM meets on Thursday, November 5 at 4:00.
- Daisies will meet on Thursday, November 5 and 19 from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Tutoring will be each Tuesday from 3:30 until 4:30. Parents must pick up their children.
- Our annual Kenna’s Kitchen will take place on Tuesday, November 24. We will begin collecting food items for this event on Wednesday, November 4. This is what we will be collecting each day:
- Wednesday, November 4—Corn
- Thursday, November 5—Peas
- Friday, November 6—Green Beans
- Monday, November 9—Instant Potatoes
- Tuesday, November 10—Stuffing
- Wednesday, November 11—BONUS DAY—Bring in any item of choice to be counted toward classroom totals. The class who bring the most items each category will win a pizza party.
UNITE CLUB News:
The Rocket Readers recently came to read in small groups to the 4th grade MVES students. Head Coach Scott Parkey received a grant through UNITE to purchase a character education themed classroom book set entitled, “The Energy Bus” for all 4th grade homerooms. The Rocket Readers communicated to the students how important reading is in life. This is the eighth year the Rocket Readers have had the opportunity to mentor to our students.
4th Grade News:
An idiom is a commonly used expression whose meaning does not relate to the literal meaning of its words.
Here is the order from left to right
- Frog in my throat
- Hold your horses
- Fork in the Road
- Queen “B”
- Sweet Tooth
- Read between the lines
- Wearing your heart on your sleeve
Mrs. Angie Hunt’s Class:
Mrs. Angie Hunt’s class on dress up day.
Miss Kami Lovell’s Class:
Miss Kami’s class on dress up day.
Mrs. Parkey’s Class News:
Mrs. Parkey’s Class on their trip to Sigmon Farm.