Wednesday, October 21 – Big Smiles Dental Program
Thursday, October 22 – Parent Teacher Conference 1:00 – 6:00 – Book Fair Begins
Monday, October 26 – Little Caesars Pizza orders may be picked up from 2:00-6:00
Friday, October 30 – Storybook Parade at 1:00
Sunday, November 1 – Fall back! Set clocks back one hour for daylight savings time
Monday, November 2 – No School – staff report for Professional Development
Tuesday, November 3 – No School – Election Day
Wednesday, November 4 – Picture retakes begin at 9:30 – picture money is due
Friday, November 20 – BFRC Advisory Council Meeting at 12:00
Congratulations to the following county 4-H Poster Contest Winners:
- Hallie Brown – 5th grade – 1st place
- Ernest Bryant – 5th grade – 2nd place
- Journey Calder – 5th grade – 3rd place
- Isaiah Parsley – 4th grade – 1st place
Tricky Treat (candy grams) money is due by Wednesday, October 28th. They are $1 each and will be delivered on Friday, October 30th.
Red Ribbon Week will be the held Oct 26th-Oct 30th. We will have a theme for each day. The themes will be:
- Monday: #ManicMonday (crazy hair/crazy clothes) “Don’t let drugs twist your mind”
- Tuesday: #TimeWarpTuesday (80’s Day or Neon colors) “Peace, Love, and Me… I’M DRUG FREE”
- Wednesday: #WildWestWednesday (Boots, Flannel, Bandanas) “Boot out drugs”
- Thursday: #TeamThursday (Tiger pride or favorite team day) “Drugs drool, Sports rule”
- Friday: #FictionalFriday (Story book parade) “We scare drugs away”
Veteran’s Pictures – The 5th grade will be hosting a Veterans Day Program on November 11th at 8:30. They are asking for pictures of veterans of BES families with the name of the veteran, branch, and years of service. All pictures will be scanned and returned. Please send pictures as soon as possible, but no later than October 30th.
Remember to save your Box Tops and Campbell’s UPC codes. You may send those to school by your child.
Thank you for responding to the BFRC survey. Your time is appreciated.