The Rockcastle Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing seat Division # 5. This appointment will be effective until the November 2022 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
- Applications are available at the Rockcastle County Board of Education or at the link below.
Mail applications to:
Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy,
245 Richmond Street, Mount Vernon, KY 40456