Twelve Rockcastle ATC SkillsUSA members, along with advisor Sherman Cook attended the Kentucky State SkillsUSA Conference April 13th-16 in Louisville. Those in attendance competed in various leadership and skilled contests. Additionally, all twelve received their Kentucky Statesman Award. Those who attended and the results are as follows:
- Callie Carpenter, Austin Spoonamore, and Chris Taylor received 1st place in Group Talent.
- Isaiah Scarborough competed in Welding Sculpture.
- Logan Coffey received 3rd place in Electrical Construction Wiring
- Kayla Shafer received 1st place in Industrial Motor Control.
- Curtis Miller competed in Welding and Job Demo “A”. He placed 2nd in Job Demo “A”.
- Devon Hayes received 1st place in Action Skills.
- Shelby Convery received 1st in Job Interview.
- David Gabbard received 2nd place in Job Demo “Open”.
- Rebekah Renner received 1st place in Poster Design.
- Billy Taylor received 1st place in Prepared Speech.
- Hailey Harper was in attendance serving as President of the Kentucky SkillsUSA officer team.
Kayla Shafer, Devon Hayes, Shelby Convery, and Billy Taylor will have the opportunity to represent Kentucky during the National SkillsUSA Conference June 20-24th in Louisville. The conference is expected to draw up to 20,000 people including around 6,000 competitors from across the nation. We congratulate our team this year and their impressive accomplishments.