READ ACROSS AMERICA POSTER RULES
- Students can use paper or poster-board.
- SIZE OF PAPER/POSTER-BOARD: no smaller than 8 ½ x 11 inch piece of unlined paper but no larger than 14 x 22 (this would be a half sheet of poster-board). Paper/poster-board can be turned either vertically or horizontally in order to create picture.
- THEME: anything reading…can be related to a specific book or author or just about reading in general. Can encourage others to read or just show the student’s love for reading.
- MATERIALS TO BE USED: crayons, coloring, pencils, markers, watercolors, permanent paint. May also use material, ribbon, scrapbook paper, etc. to create a collage technique. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: charcoal, oil pastels, or any other non-permanent medium that can rub off and ruin others work. Also no coloring sheets that have been simply copied and colored and attached to a larger sheet of paper.
- DEADLINE: Monday, March 2
- NAMES ARE NOT TO BE WRITTEN ON THE FRONT OF THE POSTER. Students must complete the bottom portion of this paper and glue/tape it to the bottom back of poster.
- Posters will be displayed in the school during Read Across America week AND judged on the above criteria as well as creativity, craftsmanship, & neatness.
- If you have any questions please feel free to write, call, or email me at Cynthia.email@example.com
Student’s name: _______________________________________
Teacher’s Name: ____________________________________