2020 RCHS Virtual Graduation
May 7th, 8th, 11th, & 12th
Although we will be unable to have a traditional graduation this year, our hopes are to give each senior the opportunity to walk across our stage and continue the tradition that the previous 46 graduating classes of Rockcastle Co. High School have experienced. There will not be a perfect way to commemorate the Class of 2020 but this virtual graduation ceremony will be something they will always have. Our hopes are to gather these seniors one last time when it is considered to be safe, maybe this summer or later in the fall. Of course, that will be determined at a later date. The Class of 2020 is a special group and will always hold a dear place our hearts.
All dates & times scheduled by homeroom teacher:
Thursday, May 7th
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Scott Adams
- 10:15 – 11:30 am Joe Cope
- 11:45 – 1:00 pm Adam Coleman
Friday, May 8th
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Zach Reichert
- 10:15 – 11:30 am Phillip Permenter
- 11:45 – 1:00 pm Tammy Reynolds & Tabitha Harris
Monday, May 11th
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Markita Proctor
- 10:15 – 11:30 am Carrie Alcorn
- 11:45 – 1:00 pm Erin Grace
Tuesday, May 12th
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Charity Johnson
- 10:15 – 11:30 am Josh Martin
- 11:45 – 1:00 pm LTC Darren Sundys & Scott Parkey
2020 Virtual Graduation Guidelines
1. Please try to come at the allotted time. There will be some conflicts and we will handle those as needed.
2. Please also understand there may be a time that you will have to sit inside your vehicle in our parking lot. We must consider the safety of all and will move along cautiously.
3. When arriving at RCHS, pull around to back of building to park and stay in your vehicle. RCHS staff will be in the parking lot to instruct you when you can leave your vehicle and enter the building.
4. All graduate and family members will enter the middle back doors behind our gym to check in.
5. Face masks and gloves are recommended for your safety and others. Hand sanitizer will be available when entering the building.
6. Each graduating senior will be allowed up to 8 family members to enter the building to watch you walk across the stage.
7. Health Department regulations state that 6 feet of space must be between all people at all times. RCHS staff will notify you of safety procedures once you enter the building.
8. We acquired several different stoles & cords available for our seniors commemorating their achievements. Unfortunately, factories have been closed so we were unable to order for individual students. Our stoles & cords will be available for students to borrow as they walk across the stage & will be returned and sanitized after each use.
9. Each student will walk across the stage and family members will be allowed to stand in front for photo opportunities.
10. Mr. Bussell will announce each graduate’s name & the walk across the stage will be videoed by RCHS.
11. We will be producing a video with all graduate senior pictures & clip walking across stage. We hope to include other footage as well of our Class of 2020.
12. After leaving the stage, each graduate & family members will exit the gym by the boys basketball locker room. RCHS staff will instruct you how to leave the building by the YSC room.