Responding to the 2020 Census helps Rockcastle County communities in many ways. The once-a-decade population count serves as the basis for:
- Distributing federal assistance to schools and educational institutions, including Title I aid, the National School Lunch Program, and special education grants.
- Providing the basis for distributing grants for economic development and inform business decisions, such as local business expansion.
- Accurately determining how many representatives each state has in Congress and inform the
redrawing of congressional district boundaries.
What you need to know:
- Completing the Census is part of your civic duty! Every response counts.
- It’s safe, secure and private.
- Rockcastle County will loose as much as $2,000 in funding for those who do not complete the Census.
- Once you receive your materials in the mail (mid-March), your Census responses can be completed online, by mail or over the phone. (If you have a PO box, you will not receive your materials by mail. A field representative will visit your home.)