School leaders across the state were instructed that while the Coronavirus is new, the same procedures we use during flu season can be used during this time and are being recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash your hands, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. It is especially important to emphasize to students that they should use soap and should wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay home if you do not feel well. Do not come to school or work when you are feeling sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
For more information on COVID-19, see:
- The Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ Coronavirus webpage, which includes information from the Center for Disease Control: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/pages/covid19.aspx
- The Kentucky Department of Education webpage on COVID-19 that includes information about the virus.
- COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-722-5725
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
- CDC Facts about COVID-19
- Hand-washing Procedures for Kids
- NTI Resources