Print this Page

Food Service

Jamie Lear, Director of Food Service
Carolyn Carpenter, Administrative Assistant
(606) 256-2125

The Rockcastle County Schools are dedicated to serving nutritious meals that follow state and federal guidelines and to providing a variety of physical activity opportunities as a means of promoting healthier lifestyles in our students.  If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at the number listed above.


Resources for Households

Nutritional Links

Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010
Food and Nutrition Information Center
The Organwise Guys
 Nutrition for Everyone – Center for Disease Control

Resources for Food Service Staff

Introduction to HACCP
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
New Meal Pattern 2012
New Nutrition Standards 0212
Process Flow Charts
Standard Operation Procedures

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Permanent link to this article: