LMC Mission Statement
Believing that the Library Media Center is an integral part of the educational process, our mission is to provide a positive, educational environment that ensures our students and staff are effective users of information and ideas. To accomplish this mission, the Library Media Center will:
- provide a variety of print and nonprint resources that support, implement, and enrich our district’s academic goals.
- prepare our students for today’s changing information age by developing positive attitudes towards libraries and information sources that will help students stay informed in a rapidly shifting world.
- assist students and staff with the necessary skills needed to identify, locate, evaluate, and use needed materials.
- prepare students to become productive citizens who can think critically, communicate effectively, and use technology confidently and efficiently.
- assist students in developing a lifelong love of reading through a diverse collection composed of a wide variety of subjects and interests, learning styles, and levels of difficulty.