- Archery practice is each Monday from 3:15 until 4:55.
- Brownies (2nd & 3rd Grades) will meet each Wednesday from 3:30 until 4:30.
- Tutoring will be each Tuesday from 3:30 until 4:30. Parents must pick up their children.
- Report cards will be sent home Friday, January 15.
- Kona Ice will be at MVES on Friday, January 29.
Ben Cannon wrote in a Portland Monthly article stating that by improving third grade reading scores, the state would also be improving graduation and incarceration rates.
Even so, he said, the third-grade benchmark is an important one. Students reading at grade level in the third grade are more likely to graduate from high school. Students graduating from high school are less likely to wind up in the corrections system, he said.
Because of his findings, the Masonic Lodge of Brodhead is encouraging students be present at school by offering a free bike to one boy and one girl in 3rd grade with perfect attendance. Pictured below is Roger Bray, lodge member, JD Bussell, principal at MVES and James Cromer, Master of Brodhead Lodge No 566.
Madison Hayes has been the first to complete the Rocket Math Multiplication facts in our classroom. Congratulations Madison!