ATC Students Excel at FBLA State Competition

Rockcastle Area Technology Center, Mt. Vernon, KY
May 19, 2021
By: Audrey Childress, Chapter Reporter

This year’s FBLA State Competition brought with it many challenges and rewards for Rockcastle’s Area Technology Center’s chapter. Lead by advisors Vicky Castle and Ashley Mullins, members Gary Ramsey, Carson White, Jessalyn Burton, Gentry Phillips, Erin Hindman, and Jailey Martin competed against some of the best FBLA chapters in the state for a chance to place in the state competition and earn a spot at the FBLA National Conference.

The FBLA State Leadership Conference was dramatically different this year than any other conferences before. Due to Covid-19, Regional Competitions were unable to be held, sending all competitors straight to the state level competition. The FBLA State Conference was held virtually and competitors tested at their home schools. The Awards for the competition were broadcasted via kyfbla.org.

Jailey Martin competed in Business Communication, an individual competition that consisted of a 100 question test. Jessalyn Burton competed in an individual event, Word Processing, that consisted of a skills component where she had to complete a criteria of documents within a two hour time frame along with a 100 question test. She placed 5th in the state in her competition.

In group competitions, Gentry Phillips with Erin Hindman competed in Marketing while Carson White with Gary Ramsey competed in two events this year, International Business and Entrepreneurship. White and Ramsey placed 4th in the International Business event and will be competing virtually at the National level in June.

Congratulations to all of the competitors of the Rockcastle ATC’s FBLA chapter.

fbla 2021 state competition
(l-r): Carson White, Gentry Phillips, Jessalyn Burton, Erin Hindman Missing: Gary Ramsey, Jailey Martin