The following spotlight days and college preview nights are coming up for students interested in learning more about the programs and opportunities offered at the various campuses:
- Eastern Kentucky University Spotlight Days: November 1, November 15, and February 7. Register online at www.eku.edu
- Morehead State University: MSU Open House Day: November 8. To register in advance, call 606-783-2000.
- Murray State University Racer Day: March 11, noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Alice Lloyd College Fall Open House: November1, 2014—For reservations, call 1-888-280-4ALC
- Kentucky State University Open House: November 1, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.—RSVP Online at www.kysu.edu/openhouse by October 27th.
- Midway College Preview Days: November 7, February 6, April 10—Register by calling 1-800-952-4122
- Eastern Kentucky University: February 1st
- Western Kentucky University:
- Cherry Scholarship: November 15th
- Other Scholarships: January 15th
- University of Kentucky: December 1st
- Morehead State University: December 1st
- Lindsey Wilson College: February 1st
- Northern Kentucky University: January 15th
- University of Louisville: January 15th
- University of the Cumberlands: January 31st
- Somerset Community College: March 1st
The following opportunities and scholarship applications are available in the guidance office:
National Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarships: There are numerous DAR scholarships, both National and State sponsored, available to students.
American Indians Committee Scholarships: Students who can produce evidence of Native American heritage may qualify for scholarship money.
Hagan Scholarship: The Hagan Scholarships are for high achieving students in need of financial assistance, and will award up to $5000 per semester. Recipients must work a minimum of 240 hours prior to the start of each academic year of college, and must maintain a 3.00 GPA each semester of college.
The Kentucky Ready Mixed Concrete Association Scholarship: This is an essay contest, and the winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The winning essay will then compete on a national level to win $5000. All students ages 16-18 are eligible for the contest. Essays are due to KRMCA by Friday, October 31st.
Lindsey Wilson College Bonnor Scholar Program: The Bonnor Program at LWC is a prestigious nation-wide opportunity for students who want to commit and devote themselves to service and community as well as their academic pursuits. The Bonnor Scholar Program provides financial support for the participants who demonstrate financial need. The deadline for applications is March 13th. See Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Hayes for more information.
Somerset Community College Scholarships: Students who are interested in SCC may want to apply for any of several Somerset Community College Scholarships. You must attach the most recent family federal tax return to be considered for financial need scholarships. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
George C. Crafton Memorial Scholarship: Applicants must be high school seniors who are interested in the field of agriculture. Students wishing to major in areas of conservation of natural resources will be favored. Scholarship amount is $1,000. Applications and more information are available in the guidance office.
Kentucky State University and Toyota Scholarship: This scholarship is for students planning to attend KSU who are interested in the field of engineering. Scholarship amount is $15,000 per year, and covers three years of study at KSU. Upon successful completion of the program, the student will transfer to U.K. to complete his/her engineering degree. In addition, the scholarship recipient will complete a summer co-op at Toyota each summer after the student’s second year at KSU. Applicants must have a 3.2 GPA (unweighted) and a 26 composite score on the ACT.
Sullivan University Scholarships: Sullivan University offers several levels of scholarship to students who are interested in applying. The Presidential Scholarship ($10,000) is offered to 12 students who have at least a 24 ACT and a 3.4 GPA. The Dean’s Scholarship ($7,000) is offered to 15 students who have at least a 22 ACT and a 3.2 GPA. The Senior Academic Scholarship ($3,000) is offered to 18 students of “high academic standing”. Essays are required for all scholarships.
Sullivan University Chef Shadow Program: Sullivan offers this unique opportunity for JUNIORS AND SENIORS to job shadow a chef for a day. Participants will also receive a $1,000 scholarship toward Sullivan University. Essay is required, and you must be in good standing at RCHS